In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited,
a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a
family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's principles of delivery as
promised and fairness to all. The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion,
combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer
new business opportunities and directions. Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor
providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial
and institutional markets. Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States.
The company has over 4,500 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.