People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate People Resources and supporting the Corporate Continuous Improvement Manager, the People Resources Administrator (positioned in Vancouver) will assist our geographically dispersed department in performing related clerical duties, such as filing, proofreading and editing documents, word processing and compiling reports, as well as assistance and support of event coordination.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in meetings and compile minutes for distribution
- Maintain documents such as monthly communications posters and newsletters
- Maintaining specific areas within our Intranet site
- Proofread and grammar edit documents
- Prepare formal communications to employees as well as general forms, letters and memos
- Administer and coordinate department related training courses, and prepare training and support materials as required (photocopying, printing booklets, etc.)
- Provide support and assistance with our major cultural programs (Customer Feedback Program and Bright Ideas Program)
- Coordinate supplier invoicing
- Assist in planning and coordination of major annual events such as the National Leadership Conference and Cultural Engagement Meetings (registration, hotel coordination, committee coordination, meeting requirements)
- Involvement with ad hoc projects and assignments
- Maintain storage room and inventory of department resources and materials (order office supplies as needed)
- Act as first point of contact for website submissions