People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Reporting to the Division Manager, the Civil/Electrical Estimator participates in the analysis of costs and prepares civil/electrical work take-offs and estimates on utility projects. They will provide technical support to project operations, with emphasis on civil/electrical estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning, scheduling, and handling project change.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares electrical/civil work take-offs and estimates on utility projects including costs of materials, labour and equipment required for projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Advises on tendering procedures; examines and analyzes tenders, recommends tender awards and conducts negotiations.
- Establishes and maintains tendering process, sets up cost monitoring, reporting systems and procedures.
- Coordinates price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects regarding tenders.
- Participates in site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing with the Project Manager and Utilities Estimating Manager, as required
- Prepares and maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaises, consults and communicates with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepares economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Conducts material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs
- Coordination of various projects
- Updates and maintains Bid 2 Win/Accubid database
- Other duties as assigned
- Change orientation
- Communicates effectively
- Continuous learning
- Customer focus
- Holds self and others accountable
- Problem solving and innovation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Values and respects others