People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald Limited is seeking a Service Desk Analyst – Bilingual (6 month contract) for our office located in Markham, Ontario. The Service Desk Analyst duties include day-to-day consultation, training, instruction, trouble-shooting and problem-solving to computer users for hardware, software, network and related computer systems and peripheral devices. Using effective communication, technical and analytical skills, support is provided by phone, email and/or using a ticket management system.
- Communicate comfortably to employees at all business levels in both French and English
- Handle telephone calls, e-mails and other requests for support in a skilled and professional manner
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions and access rights (Active Directory, Exchange, BES, etc)
- Setup all equipment, including hardware and software upgrades and provide ongoing support
- Track, monitor and accurately document requests to timely resolution and follow up as needed
- Utilize resources such as Knowledge bases, HelpDesk tools and websites to provide solutions to end users
- Identify and escalate priority incidents to next level support and/or 3rd party vendors
- Functional knowledge of current technologies, protocols and standards
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all information managed by the Information Technology group in support of the company's operations