People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Junior ERP Application Support Specialist role is responsible for providing functional and technical assistance and support for ERP software including: JD Edwards (JDE), OBIEE (BI), Salesforce and other related third party software. The Junior ERP Application Support Specialist will be the first point of contact for incoming ERP application support requests and be responsible for the handling of Tier 1 tickets as well as triaging tickets to the appropriate group. This position requires proven communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ERP support tickets across variety of business applications and lines of business
- Perform functional and technical analysis on the incoming Tier 1 support tickets and handle communication with the users
- Assessing reported issues and working to drive them to closure
- Working closely with all departments and vendors required to resolve issues
- Provide regular and timely incident updates
- Create working procedures, build-up knowledge databases and functional documentation
- Perform setup, support and maintain ERP centralized task such as: setup required for address book, inventory, driver assignment, employee/vendor set up, equipment master, etc.
- Perform regular system monitoring and data clean-up activities
- Generate and distribute weekly reports on ticket statistics
- Provide regular training on common support tickets
- Follow strict policy for approvals of any changes related to security, break-fix, enhancements, promotions, database, scheduler and production changes
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of support and business processes
- To ensure the security and confidentiality of all information managed by the Corporate Services Group in support of the company's operations
- Assist and promote a respectful environment for all members of the Corporate Services Group
- Supporting ERP Business Manager with other administrative functions