People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Western Canadian Industrial Region is a relatively new business line for Black & McDonald, with a mandate to aggressively grow our brand and market share over the next 5 years. The Western Canadian Industrial Region delivers solutions to a diverse customer base in Oil & Gas, Mining, Hydro, and Manufacturing across Canada's four Western Provinces. Our business line includes Construction, Turnarounds & Maintenance, Commissioning, Fabrication and Engineering Services.
Reporting to the Industrial Project Manager, the Mechanical Project Coordinator/Estimator will analyse costs of and prepare estimates on mechanical construction projects. In addition, may provide technical and administrative support to project operations with emphasis on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning, scheduling, and dealing with project change. The successful candidate will reside at our Western Industrial Region office located in Calgary, AB.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Adherence to Black & McDonald Construction Business Processes
- Establish and maintain tendering process, set up cost monitoring, reporting systems and procedures
- Coordinates price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects regarding tenders
- Participates in site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing and operational/sector meetings with the Division Manager, Estimating Manager, and Project Managers as required
- Adherence to Black & McDonald Sub-Contractor Management Program
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Conduct material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs
- Coordinate various small projects
- Preform adhoc work as needed