People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Western Canadian Industrial Region is a relatively new business line for Black & McDonald, with a mandate to aggressively grow our brand and market share over the next 5 years. The Western Canadian Industrial Region delivers solutions to a diverse customer base in Oil & Gas, Mining, Hydro, and Manufacturing across Canada's four Western Provinces. Our business line includes Construction, Turnarounds & Maintenance, Commissioning, Fabrication and Engineering Services.
Reporting to the Site Project Manager, this exciting opportunity will work within our project team located at the K+S Potash Legacy site and is responsible for the planning, development, and coordination of project schedules. Tracking issues, analysing data and providing reports.
The successful candidate will work at the K+S Potash Legacy site located in Bethune, SK on a rotation of 4 days on at 10 hour days, followed by 3 days off.
This position does not include camp, travel or Living out Allowance (LOA), therefore local candidates would be ideal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and revise preliminary master schedules and proposal for Operations detailing the sequence of all work to be performed to ensure schedule is realistic and competitive
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents in creating short-term schedules; along with monitoring and updating these schedules to determine their impact on the master schedule
- Maintain master schedule for the project and identify and record the impact of work performed according to the schedule Evaluate construction progress and provide regular schedule updates
- Proactively identify problems or conflicts in the project schedule and assist the Project Manager(s) and/or Superintendent(s) in effectively managing a resolution
- Have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of jobs, through assisting in the bid, pre-construction and build process
- Other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor