People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The ERP Business Analyst provides analytical and technical expertise in implementing, designing, developing, supporting and/or analyzing solutions for customers through an appropriate blending of business and technical knowledge. Participate in the implementation and development of solutions using expertise for problems to include maintenance, modification or development of inter-related applications/solutions. Solutions link technical knowledge with business solutions and may range from consulting services (software recommendations) to developing integrated-automated systems. Responsible for providing functional, technical assistance and support for ERP softwares. Duties include customer needs assessments as well as evaluating software requirements.
Responsible for the design and support of JD Edwards and other related ERP Software. Maintain strong working relationships with customer by listening, understanding and responding to identified needs. Ability to present information to individuals or groups; deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Align personal efforts and outcomes to achieve long-range goals to meet the vision of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the security and confidentially of all information managed by the Information Technology department in support of the company's operations.
- Ensure the ongoing protection and integrity of the information systems, technology assets and artefacts of the company.
- Assist and promote a respectful environment for all members of the Corporate Services Group.
- Analyze Tier 1 & 2 business requirements; perform process analysis of customer activities to determine business solutions or process improvement opportunities across business functions and recommend solutions. Oversee and assist with the gathering and documentation of requirements. Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of business requirements.
- Assess reported issues, provide regular and timely incident updates and work to drive them to closure
- Create working procedures, build-up knowledge databases and functional documentation
- Develop functional requirements and system design specifications that align with proposed or existing business solutions. Work with developers to ensure optimal solution delivered.
- Implement enhancements, change requests, break-fixes, patches and updates. Develop test plans, test, coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT), and approve changes to ensure alignment with business objectives and test plans. Develop and deliver end user training materials as well as document solution.
- Communicate software updates and changes to affected stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of project plans, participate, lead, assign and monitor tasks when required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, control scope, identify and manage project risks. Provide regular updates on task completions, issue resolution, system readiness and other metrics identified.
- Liaise with management, functional leaders, department heads, and end-users to ensure system functionality meets business requirements.
- Apply working knowledge of the organization roles and relationships, as well as utilize available resources to resolve issues.
- Pursue new knowledge on a continuous basis and implement best practices of the profession.
- Articulate technical knowledge in language that is understandable and appropriate for users.
- Participate in Black & McDonald initiatives.