People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Summary of Position:
The Casual Building Operator will fulfill various relief, 24/7 shift rotations based on customer needs and availability. The successful candidate must ensure that the building operates safely and efficiently. The position also requires compliance with Black & McDonald codes of conduct, health, safety and environmental policies and safe work practices along with any client specific protocol.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work shall include but not necessarily be bound by the following:
- Ensure a safe working environment and adherence to all relevant health, safety and environmental policies and procedures by all interested parties
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe working condition
- Regularly communicate health, safety and environmental issues or concerns to the Senior Building Operator or other relevant B&M staff. Ensure "Toolbox Talks" and other related information is clearly understood and effectively communicated to the relevant parties
- Ensure standard operating procedures, planned maintenance activities and any other relevant guidelines are maintained, stored correctly and strictly adhered to with suggestions offered to update as appropriate
- Ensure the correct and legible completion at all times of any required documentation including timesheets or software based systems
- Respond to demand and emergency issues promptly, utilizing the computerized building automation system or manual systems where appropriate
- Perform shift tours, record and log the relevant information and report any concerns to the appropriate personnel, fully investigating any issues that arise as required
- Perform routine inspections and tests on building fire and life safety equipment such as fire protection systems, medical air - gases and emergency generators, etc. Provide the necessary support to allow scheduled maintenance and repairs to be carried out on such equipment
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and repairs to all assets and any other related equipment
- Configuration of plant and systems to allow maintenance work to be completed as required
- Complete water treatment duties on heating and cooling loops
- Relamping of lighting fixtures and resetting breakers within the appropriate guidelines
- Perform minor plumbing and general building maintenance and repair duties (i.e: drywall repairs, painting, replace washers, faucets, sinks, clear toilets and drains, sumps pits, and replace faulty lighting lamps and fixtures within the appropriate guidelines)
- Start up and shut down major building equipment such as chillers, pumps, cooling towers, etc.