People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to the community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
We are growing!
Our Facilities, Management and Operations (FMO) Division is currently accepting applications to fill possible opportunities within the next 6 months. We are accepting resumes for both full time and part time positons. Kindly include in your resume / cover letter your availability.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of the Building Operator is to maintain all assigned facilities located in Edmonton and the greater Edmonton area, while following safety procedures at all times. He or she will also perform minor plumbing and electrical repairs; conduct mechanical inspection and maintenance of equipment using Facilities, Maintenance and Operations (FMO) strategies to ensure continuing operation; utilize computerized building management systems; use own experience and technical skills with preventive maintenance and system operations to determine service requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Project Manager and the team, plan and execute responsive and planned maintenance in accordance with BAS or facility management system
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors
- Supervise subcontractors
- Perform basic tours and log readings
- Respond to tenant complaints
- Perform light duties such as cleaning, painting, garbage removal, snow removal, HVAC, Plumbing, and other Mechanical duties, assisting sub-contractors technician's mechanics, etc.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs.
- Represent the company on matters such as business services.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Assist in purchase of building materials.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.