People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking to hire a Business Development Representative to be located in Markham, Ontario. This position is responsible for securing HVAC service, maintenance and contract agreements and using technical, organizational and service knowledge to assist customers in developing the best possible solution, while also generating revenue for the region. In addition, this position provides input and participates in the marketing, planning and technical development of products and services.
- Work with existing clients, building long term relationships and future sales
- Utilize proven sales methods to identify and solicit potential clients for future Service work
- Work with Lead Generator to follow-up on prospective clients
- Meet with and develop impressionable relationships with clients to successfully understand their needs and specific requirements
- Assess client needs and resources and recommend the appropriate solution
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Work with Project Representative and provide input into design where HVAC related services must be tailored to suit clients' needs
- Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to clients
- Prepare and administer sales contracts
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and provide ongoing support
- Continue personal professional development
- Participate in department planning meetings as necessary