People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Jr. Building Operator/General Maintenance Helper located in Toronto, Ontario. This position will fulfill day to day tasks in a timely manner. The position also requires compliance with Black & McDonald codes of conduct, health and safety policies and safe work practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
Work shall include but not necessarily be bound by the following:
- Perform light duties such as sweeping, general cleaning, painting, garbage removal, snow removal etc.
- Construction of safety barricades
- Maintenance of signage
- General maintenance of door/window closures, door handles and hinges and other like devices
- Light maintenance of mechanical/electrical equipment
- Filter changing
- Respond to comfort levels to building environment
- Minor plumbing and general maintenance (i.e. toilet repairs, tap replacement etc.)
- Assemble, repair or relocate furniture as required
- Assist other classifications as required
- Regularly communicate health, safety and environmental issues or concerns with B&M staff, sub-contractors and client
- Respond to demand/emergency calls
- Direct traffic
- Perform pool checks and chemical balancing