People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Reporting to the Regional Controller, the Job Site Cost Controller proactively tracks, interprets and evaluates project key performance indicators in order to assist completion of projects within budget. They will be primarily based out of the Scarborough office, but will often travel to various Ontario remote job sites as required. The Job Site Cost Controller will identify areas of potential cost savings and provide in depth analysis of labour productivity, cumulative progress tracking and earned value monitoring in conjunction with ongoing support to the Southern Ontario Utility Region's project management teams. Assignment may be for many months on one site or supporting multiple sites simultaneously.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor work in progress to budget, planned vs. actual, cumulative progress, and earned values.
- Proactively identify profitability issues and advise management.
- Liaise with construction project leaders on site and provide support as required.
- Analyze labour burn rates, productivity and forecasting as per company best practice standards on an ongoing basis.
- Review outstanding PO commitments, tools and forecasted costs to come on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with established internal controls, including purchase approval requirements with a keen eye toward cost control and accuracy.
- Assist Project Manager to ensure monthly billings are completed accurately and on time in order to maximize project cash flow.