People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible to provide overall administrative direction for several projects. Emphasis is placed on estimating, costs, scheduling, quality and overall project status. It is essential the project manager establish and maintain excellent relationships with trade contractors, consultants, and our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and provide leadership for safety, environment, and quality programs and policies which includes weekly site safety. inspections forwarded to the Division Manager of all projects under their responsibility.
- Ensure the accounting system is regularly updated.
- Ensure monthly cost forecasting is completed accurately for all their projects, complete with the PM checklist.
- Ensure accurate productivity reports are completed weekly on all their projects.
- Accurate and on time billings to ensure positive cash flow.
- Price and negotiate all changes in scope on projects underway.
- Monitor and manage construction schedule to ensure that manpower requirements are known in advance of work activity.
- Ensure that the correct material and equipment is available to the tradesmen to avoid on site inefficiencies.
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Change Orientation.
- Communicates Effectively.
- Continuous Learning.
- Customer Focus.
- Holds Self and Others Accountable.
- Problem Solving and Innovation.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Values and Respects Others.
- Coaches and Develops.
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness.
- Strategic Perspective.