People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Site Health, Safety & Environment Advisor supports and facilitates health, safety and environmental activities on projects within the Southern Ontario Utility Region. They will ensure proper application and use of Black & McDonald's Safety Management System. This position will demonstrate leadership in order to drive safety as a core value.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer, manage, and audit loss control program for the project.
- Assist with site activity and ensure that the duties, responsibilities, and authority are clearly defined.
- Advise on hazard identification and control, inspections, investigations, reports, orientations, training requirements, project safety plans, early and safe return to work programs.
- Review/perform/complete incident and inspection reports and ensure that corrective action and follow-up are taken.
- Establish inspection and meeting schedules. (eg. Project Safety Plan, JH&SC etc.)
- Develop and maintain safe work practices and job procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate practices and procedures are provided to supervisory staff.
- Conduct random work site inspections and audits to ensure compliance with company policy and legislation.
- Review the maintenance of safety equipment.
- Conduct audits of subcontractor loss control programs.
- Participate in Project JH&SC, Weekly Safety Meetings and Project Management meetings.
- Liaise with MOL, MOE, WSIB and other government agencies as required.