People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Project Coordinator will assist with the overall administrative direction for one large or several smaller construction projects. They will plan, in conjunction with the Project Manager, the execution of projects in accordance with Corporate Policy. The Project Coordinator will assist with the overall performance, including the management of costs, schedule and project status while maintaining excellent relations with the employees, subcontractors, consultants and our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct job cost setup
- Prepare subcontracts for job setup
- Assist in the purchase of supplies and materials
- Prepare and maintain timesheets for field staff
- Complete document control (e.g. RFI and shop drawing submittals)
- Generate cost reports through job tracking
- Evaluate labour productivity
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Basic Blue print reading
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Effective planning, scheduling, and organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment