We are growing!
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Service and Street Lighting Implementation Manager located in Markham, Ontario to support the National Facility Maintenance Service line of business.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Director of the Facility Services Group, the Service and Street Lighting Implementation Manager will manage overall project implementations and performance, including the oversight of projects, management of costs, schedule and quality. You will be responsible for the overall project status during the planning and implementation phases of assigned projects, while maintaining excellent relationships with B&M Regional staff, Joint Venture Partners, Clients, Trades and Subcontractors. You will keep the, the Director, the Regional Vice President and project sponsors informed of questions, progress, discrepancies in project process, and any other issues which would impact the plan and schedule. With a sharp focus on ensuring quality of service delivery and field personnel capabilities you will participate in the design and delivery of training programs related to various projects and assist in developing the strategic plan for the respective lines of business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Company's Director of Information Technology and serve as coach and mentor to administrators and field personnel in order to enhance capabilities
- Provide lead role in planning, startup and commissioning of all service projects to establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards in accordance with company policy and contract specifications
- Carry out project audits as directed
- Plan and prepare schedules, milestones, and monitor progress against established schedules
- Assist in budget analysis and cost projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality assurance programs
- Prepare project implementation progress reports and issue progress schedules to project sponsors and clients
- Assist in hiring and supervision of subcontractors and subordinate staff on project implementation and the phase in of various projects
- Assist in the development and changes to the Service BPS (Business Process Standards)
- Participate in the strategic direction of the Service and Street Lighting line of business
- Participate in the preparation of training documentation and process overview documentation as related to, but not limited to, JD Edwards ERP software
- Provide support and technical expertise to all regions as required
- Keep abreast of current technologies and software development in support of B&M's Service and Street Lighting business
- Comply with all company health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Where and when possible, build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships
- Tactical and Strategic Support – Support daily, weekly and monthly operations tactical functions such as advising/training on process improvement. Current challenges that require support and training include enhanced reporting capabilities, inventory management alternatives (serialized inventory, standard costing as opposed to average cost), and job set up/close out standards/templates.
- Strategic Support - Provide strategic support for existing and new project/product opportunities as they come on line. Existing support requirements include potential project re-design for Smart Highways (KDOT) and Electrical Charging Stations (KCPL, City of Salt Lake). Specific future support requirements include Westar SL Maintenance, LED Upgrade projects (KCPL, KCMO, SLC), and Gas Meter Condition assessment.
- Travel to those areas supported by B&M Service and Street Lighting offices.