People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Reporting to the Industrial Health Safety & Environmental Manager, this exciting opportunity will work within our Western Industrial Region team in a field level position. Primary responsibility will be to actively promote a positive health, safety, and environmental culture to all levels of employees with the assistance of policies and procedures in accordance with company beliefs, policies, procedures, and objectives. The Site Health & Safety Advisor will also be responsible for assisting the Project Management Team and all employees on site in complying with the Corporate Safety Management System.
The successful candidate will work at the K+S Potash Legacy site located in Bethune, SK on a rotation of 4 days on at 10 hour days, followed by 3 days off.
This position does not include camp, travel or Living out Allowance (LOA), therefore local candidates would be ideal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all company policies and procedures during their employment at Black & McDonald.
- Only perform tasks and or use equipment for which they have received training.
- Refuse to perform unsafe work and agree to intervene if they see acts of imminent danger.
- Assist with the HSE activities as it relates in planning, procurement, construction and commissioning of the piping, mechanical and equipment installation on site.
- To ensure, on behalf of the Company, that all required site HSE policies, procedure and personnel are in place and adhered to complete the Project. In addition, to take corrective action where required to ensure a safety for all and protection of the environment.
- Execute the Projects in accordance with Company Corporate Policy.
- To represent the Company and communicate with the Client on a daily basis and to representative the Company in a professional manner.
- To lead with development and implementation of the HSE programs.
- This position will be 75% field and 25% office.
- Assist, advise and work with manager(s) and supervisors with;
- Hazard identification and control
- Training requirements
- Maintain various safety databases as required
- Other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Stategic Perspective
- Maximizes Team Effectiveness
- Maximizes Business Performance
- Coaches & Develops
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others