We are growing!
The Facilities Management group at Black and McDonald Limited is growing. We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Building Operator located in Toronto, Ontario.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Senior Building Operator- Lead Hand located in the downtown Toronto area. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Senior Building Operator – Lead Hand will be responsible for overseeing and delivering full facility management solutions including oversight of building activities staff, vendors and sub-contractors, safety compliance, project work, client relationships and various building activities as required. In addition you will ensure effective planning, management, and development of effective controls and procedures. The position also requires compliance with Black and McDonald codes of conduct, health and safety policies and safe work practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
Work shall include but not necessarily be bound by the following:
- Supervision and coordination of on-site maintenance team
- Schedule, supervise, and monitor subcontracted personnel as needed to accomplish tasks
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and repairs to HVAC systems and related equipment. i.e. air handling units, filters, cooling towers, exhaust etc.
- Perform routine inspection and tests on building life support systems. i.e. Fire protection system, medical air/ gas and emergency generators etc.
- Configuration of systems to allow maintenance work to be completed as required.
- Perform minor repairs
- Relamping and resetting breakers
- Carryout water treatment duties on heating and cooling loops
- Minor plumbing and general building maintenance duties i.e. replace washers, faucets, sinks, clear toilets and drains, sumps pits, and replace burnt fluorescent tubes and incandescent lamps
- Startup/shut down major building equipment. i.e. chillers, pumps, cooling towers
- Ensure SOPs, PMs of existing and new building equipment are accurate and updated as required
- Respond to environment/comfort complaints through the computerized building automation system or manual systems
- Perform shift tours, record and log equipment status, temperatures and pressures, utilities
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe working condition.
- Ensure regular inspections are completed in a timely manner and necessary corrective actions are implemented.
- Regularly communicate health, safety and environmental issues or concerns with B&M staff, sub-contractors and client
- Respond to demand/emergency calls
- Perform light duties such as cleaning drywall repairs, painting, etc.