People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Sr. Network Analyst role is to provide technical support and technical subject matter expertise in the configuration, enhancement, monitoring, maintenance, optimization and support of all aspects of Black and McDonald's IT systems operations. The Sr. Network Analyst will work in coordination with various operational support team members to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT assets. The Sr. Network Analyst will also participate in assigned project work providing their technical skills and subject matter expertise as required by the project team. The Sr. Network Analyst will collaborate with a wide range of junior-to-highly advanced technical specialists, project managers, as well as external vendors and IT service providers when required, in order to ensure successful results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete assigned daily systems operations, support and project team activities by effectively combining personal initiative, knowledge, technical skill and subject matter expertise related to the organization's IT hardware and software assets. These assets include server, network, telecommunications, systems security, administration, and monitoring platforms
- Actively contribute as a member of a team of highly-skilled systems operations specialists in successfully managing the organization's IT assets
- Strong vendor management and project management skills. Managing network projects, lead technical meetings, reporting and oversees related project and operations functions
- Configure, enhance, monitor, maintain, optimize and support the organization's IT asset, in order to move toward successfully accomplishing IT and/or business related goals. This includes the following platforms:
- Network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewall, wireless, hubs, and UPSs
- Telecommunications technologies including VoIP, Video Conferencing, and Unified Communications hardware and software
- Implement and managing network security, routing, patching, COS and QoS
- Identify and fix network related problem, bottleneck and security issues
- Administration and maintenance end user accounts, permissions, and access rights and regularly auditing of use access and network access controls
- Configuration and maintenance of edge security including but not limited to: Routers, Firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS, Email Encryption & Gateway, DLP, NAC appliances
- Experience with Windows servers, Microsoft Lync, Exchange, SQL Server, VMware and Citrix in a production environment
- Practice server and network asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test systems performance and provide performance statistics and reports
- Recommend, schedule, and perform systems improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Actively contribute with other operational support team members, project team members, management, external vendors and IT service providers in order to successfully execute support and project related work assigned to the Network Operations team.