People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets. The company currently operates across Canada, US and Bermuda with over 5,500 employees working out of a network of more than 26 offices. Since 1921, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all. The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking to hire a Security Guard (Casual) to be located at a Downtown Toronto facility. Under the supervision of the Security Management Team, the Security Guard will provide a friendly and safe environment for all patients, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Responsible for ensuring safety and security of the facility and all those who enter the facility
- Provides a friendly and safe environment for all staff, volunteers, patients, and visitors
- Responds as required to all security, safety, and/or emergency situations
- Operate the Security Office's CCTV, access control and panic device systems in the absence of the Security Supervisor
- Respond all access requests in accordance with established protocols
- Conduct facility patrols and take necessary action based on observation. This includes checking in with employees whom work alone after hours
- Perform "Patient Watches"
- Monitor parking areas
- Investigate security and safety related events as required
- Complete forms, logs, notebooks, work orders and incident reports as required
- Act as a member of the internal fire response team and crisis team
- Adhere to all corporate and departmental policies, procedures and directives
- Identifies areas requiring updates and/or possible areas of improvement relating to policies, procedures and directives
- Completion of other tasks as directed by a Superior