The Western Industrial Region is a relatively new business line for Black & McDonald, with a mandate to aggressively grow our brand and market share over the next 5 years. The Western Industrial Region delivers solutions to a diverse customer base in Oil & Gas, Mining, Hydro, and Manufacturing across Canada's four Western Provinces. Our business line includes Construction, Turnarounds & Maintenance, Commissioning, Operations assistance, Fabrication and Engineering Services.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for maintaining contact with existing and/or new clients/prospects, increasing exposure for the Black & McDonald brand and growing its market share across Western Canada. You will effectively identify, develop and organize new business opportunities. The successful candidate will reside at our Western Industrial Region office located in Calgary, AB or in our Black & McDonald office located in Saskatoon, SK.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities and support overall business development activities for the Region as needed to achieve revenue targets, expand client base and further develop relationships with existing client base to promote our brand and business line.
- Understanding market competitiveness, participate in and develop pricing strategies to maximize Black & McDonald's profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the development of presentations, pre-qualifications/expressions of interest, proposals, contract reviews and negotiations.
- Provide ongoing feedback and benchmarking on Client and Industry spends leads, competitors and other market intelligence, trends and issues.
- Participate in the development of strategic and marketing plans.
- May assist in the initial staffing of new projects; establishing communication between the group and client teams.
- Collaborates with Business Development Managers from other Divisions within Black & McDonald.
- Drafting, development, and analysis of proposals and contracts for presentation to senior management and customers.
- Work closely with Black & McDonald's Project Managers to help ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Proposal experience is required including ability to develop and deliver to customer.
- Timely reporting of accounts and objectives/activities to all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Participate, and attend trade shows, conferences, seminars and other industry related events.
- Other duties assigned by your direct manager.