People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Reporting to the Rail Department Manager, the Signal Maintainer/Signalperson engages in maintenance, tests, and inspections in a designated geographic scope. They must efficiently and effectively respond to issues and trouble calls on the call cycle. The Signal Maintainer will conduct his/her work in an outdoor environment on or near a live track. Significant travel away from home may be required (in urban, rural, and/or isolated areas).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install equipment in accordance with applicable circuit drawings.
- Ensure S&C systems and equipment are tested and verified in the applicable geographic scope.
- Efficiently and effectively identify and solve systematic failures and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Complete maintenance work to ensure equipment is running smoothly at all times.
- Ensure that defective/used wires and control cabinets are replaced.
- Operate both highway and on-track vehicles.