People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Land Forces Western Area (LFWA) Defence Contract involves multiple sites located across the province of Alberta, including facilities located in Calgary and the greater Calgary area. Reporting to the LFWA Project Manager, the LFWA Building Operator's main responsibility is to maintain safe conditions inside and outside of assigned facilities in Southern Alberta and is expected to perform minor plumbing and electrical repairs; monitor and use the computerized building management system; conduct mechanical inspections and maintenance of equipment using Facilities, Maintenace and Operations (FMO) strategies to ensure its continuing operation, as well as use prior experience and technical skills with preventive maintenance and system operations to determine service requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Project Manager and the team, plans and executes responsive maintenance in accordance with BAS or facility management system
- Establishes methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinates work activities with other subcontractors
- Supervises subcontractors
- Performs basic tours and log readings
- Responds to tenant requests
- Performs light duties such as cleaning, painting, garbage removal, snow removal, HVAC, Plumbing, and other mechanical duties, assisting sub-contractors/technicians/mechanics, etc.
- Builds and maintains customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships
- Assists in developing and implementing quality control programs
- Prepares progress reports and issues progress schedules to clients
- Assists in purchase of building materials
- Reviews work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and corrects deficiencies