People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Western Canadian Industrial Region is a relatively new business line for Black & McDonald, with a mandate to aggressively grow our brand and market share over the next 5 years. The Western Canadian Industrial Region delivers solutions to a diverse customer base in Oil & Gas, Mining, Hydro, and Manufacturing across Canada's four Western Provinces. Our business line includes Construction, Turnarounds & Maintenance, Commissioning, Fabrication and Engineering Services.
Reporting to the Industrial Division Manager, the Site HVAC Commissioning Technician's primary responsibility will be to provide hands-on commissioning and start-up services to ensure the timely, safe, efficient and effective delivery of NPA HVAC and BMS assets.
The project is on site in Northern Alberta on a fly in & fly out schedule rotation of 15 days on and 13 days off.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides assistance with the generation and validation of NPA CSU strategy Execution Plan(s).
- Participates in NPA system walk downs.
- Interfaces with counterparts in Major Projects Group (MPG) to ensure NPA interests including Turnover sequence and Commissioning strategy are in alignment.
- Prepares Turnover system scoping and boundary definitions docs to meet NPA CSU needs.
- Participates in the development of Initial Commissioning Packages (ICP#s) for NPA. The ICPs would contain procedures, checklists, valve line-up matrices, drawings, etc.
- Provides day to day oversight of contracted vendors ensuring safe, and accurate delivery of services to the clients standards.
- Provides PLC programming support.
- Participates in the development of the asset/system priorities, and CSU activities within NPA.
- Participates in development/ratification of RASCI charts within various areas of NPA responsibility.
- Participates in the development of resource-load plan.
- Reports directly to NPA CSU LEAD for day to day activities.
- Identifies opportunities to increase safety/efficiency/effectiveness in CSU execution.
- Supports FAT and SAT activities for HVAC systems.
- Prepares daily log of activities as well as contributes to team reporting metrics.
- Supports the reporting of incidents and helps facilitate investigations where required.
- Works cooperatively with all stakeholders both internal and external to ensure safe and timely delivery of NPA assets.
- Periodically review construction activities and progress and identify to management those issues, if any, affecting schedule, the delivery of milestones, and impact to overall project goals and timelines.
- Ensures NPA CSU representation at Construction Walk Downs (when possible).
- Participates in Turnover document review prior to TCCC acceptance.
- Ensures daily work activities have been planned and an FLRA in place, reviewed and updated as required.
- Provides support to Site Operations (as approved by NPA CSU Lead).
- Works in a safe manner, providing an example to all disciplines and ensures clients standards and policies are followed.
- Ensures the clients permit to work process is followed (CHEPTW) where applicable.
- Recommends design solutions to HVAC deficiencies.
- Supports Building Management System (BMS) and BAS.
- Provides technical/trouble-shooting support for HVAC systems.
- Other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor.