The Western Canadian Industrial Region is a relatively new business line for Black & McDonald, with a mandate to aggressively grow our brand and market share over the next 5 years. The Western Canadian Industrial Region delivers solutions to a diverse customer base in Oil & Gas, Mining, Hydro, and Manufacturing across Canada's four Western Provinces. Our business line includes Construction, Turnarounds & Maintenance, Commissioning, Fabrication and Engineering Services.
Reporting to the Industrial Health & Safety Manager, the Site Health & Safety Lead's primary responsibility will be to provide field support for the safety requirements of our project located in Northern Alberta. In this role you will be required to provide training, maintain all safety records particular to the project while maintaining a safe workplace for our workers. Promote health, safety, and environmental culture to all levels of employees with the assistance of policies and procedures in accordance with company beliefs, policies, procedures, and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all company policies and procedures during their employment at Black & McDonald.
- Only perform tasks and or use equipment for which they have received training.
- Refuse to perform unsafe work and agree to intervene if they see acts of imminent danger.
- To ensure, on behalf of the Company, that all required site HSE policies, procedure and personnel are in place and adhered to complete the Project. In addition, to take corrective action where required to ensure a safety for all and protection of the environment.
- Assess specific HSE risks and defines the HSE plans, standards, procedures, metrics and accountability systems.
- Execute the Projects in accordance with Company Corporate Policy.
- To represent the Company and communicate with the Client on a daily basis and to representative the Company in a professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Promote a culture of safety excellence.
- To lead with development and implementation of the HSE programs.
- Act as a conduit between management and staff.
- This position will be 50% field and 50% office.
- In charge of;
- Hazard identification and control
- Training requirements
- Other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor.
- Change Orientation (open to change and the ability to identify where it is needed and how to make it happen)
- Communicates Effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Continuous Learning (ongoing effort to learn and contribute to the learnings of others)
- Customer Focus (understand the needs and perspectives of both internal and external customers)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (take personal responsibility to meet commitments)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (ability to approach problems logically and seek innovative solutions)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (work cooperatively and collaboratively with others)
- Values and Respects Others (encourages and supports diversity)