People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Based in Edmonton, the Civil Foreman will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate utility construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. They are responsible for reporting, estimating, and monitoring progress as well as planning, scheduling, and dealing with project change. They will liaise with tradespersons, coordinators, managers, and site superintendent personnel in order to accomplish project milestones in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain underground utilities.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments or subcontractors.
- Request supplies, materials, and labour in accordance with project requirements.
- Resolve areas of improvement and recommend work measures to improve productivity.
- Train or arrange for training of workers.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed.
- Prepare work progress reports.
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.