People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Superintendent for the TransCanada Energy Ltd. Napanee Generating Station (NGS) Project located in Napanee, Ontario. The successful candidate will plan, organize, direct and control construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change under the direction of a Project Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan and execute projects in conjunction with the Project Manager and in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union matters.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Perform sales calls and visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
- Assist in the achievement of the following
- Promote prevention of accidents and provide a safe working environment – No Lost Time Injuries
- Adherence to Black & McDonald Code of Business and to Corporate Policy
- Operate within Corporate Policy and National Project Manager Manual (NPMM)
- Professional presentation of employees, sites, offices & equipment
- Participate in the achievement of the Corporate, Regional, and Divisional objectives where applicable
- Participate in B&M Way, Quality, Community, Environmental Responsibility, & Customer Service
- Assist in ensuring accurate WIP's, Labour Productivity Reports & Compliance to Operational Guidelines
- Execution of work, on time, and on budget
- Human Resources Effectiveness
- Quality and Customer Satisfaction