People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Department Manager located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position typically reports directly to the Division Manager and is responsible for managing the department operations in its totality including, but not limited to, safety compliance, people and resources, estimating, sales, project execution, profit/loss outcomes, and ultimately the project managers' and/or superintendents' performance in their project budget, schedule, general performance, and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate projects for the Manitoba Utilities Division from start to finish, and in accordance with schedule, specifications, and budget.
- Oversee and/or prepare project estimates, final bids, and proposal submissions
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Adherence to and implementation of health, safety, environment policies and programs and quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of supplies and materials
- Oversee department financial performance, i.e. accounts receivables, work in progress, and budget
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff