People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Scheduler for the TransCanada Energy Ltd. Napanee Generating Station (NGS) Project located in Napanee, Ontario. The successful candidate will co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials, prepare work and production schedules and monitor the progress of production. Emphasis is placed on reporting and monitoring, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change, and assisting the Project Manager, as requested.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, in conjunction with the Project Manager, Pre-Planning/Pre-Construction Services.
- To provide technical and administrative support to the projects operations with emphasis on reporting, planning and monitoring progress, and scheduling, and dealing with project change.
- Consult with supervisor to schedule work sites in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with supervisors to co-ordinate activities at project sites
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work and materials used.
- Provide support to cost control, document control and change order control
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients