People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking an Electrical Estimator for the TransCanada Energy Ltd. Napanee Generating Station (NGS) Project located in Napanee, Ontario. The successful candidate will prepare electrical work take-offs and pricing for estimates related to the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares electrical take-offs and estimates including costs of materials, labour and equipment required for the project based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Participates in site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing with the Project Manager and Estimating Manager.
- Participate in tendering procedures; examines and analyzes tenders.
- Establishes and maintains tendering process and monitoring costs.
- Coordinates price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects regarding tenders.
- Prepares and maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Liaises, consults and communicates with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors.
- Updates and maintains Bid2Win database.