People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a QA/QC Coordinator for the TransCanada Energy Ltd. Napanee Generating Station (NGS) Project located in Napanee, Ontario. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring accurate and timely quality management on the project. They will guide the project team and provide quality-related support to the operation to ensure quality standards are upheld.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all QA and QC activities are understood and implemented according to company and client standards.
- Educate and provide recommendations to the project team with regards to project quality management improvements.
- Continuously monitor construction activities for deviations from specification and ensure deviations are addressed appropriately.
- Communicate and coordinate with project management team to ensure all customer concerns regarding quality are addressed efficiently and effectively.
- Gather information pertaining to any quality-related construction concerns in order to identify issues, consult, problem-solve, and provide solutions for issues and implement best course of action.
- Drive continuous improvement and zero defects through quality plans and processes.
- Write and maintain various formal quality management documents such as manuals, policies, procedures, plans, checklists and records appropriate to existing and emerging regulator, client and internal needs.
- Minimize deficiencies and reworks through setting clearly defined quality targets.
- Comply with customer's quality management system and ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.