People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Billing Coordinator for the TransCanada Energy Ltd. Napanee Generating Station (NGS) Project located in Napanee, Ontario. The successful candidate will proactively track, interpret and evaluate project key performance indicators in order to assist completion of the project within budget. They will identify areas of potential cost savings and provide in depth analysis of labour productivity, cumulative progress tracking and earned value monitoring in conjunction with ongoing support to the Project Management team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor work in progress to budget, planned vs. actual, cumulative progress, and earned values.
- Proactively identify profitability issues and advise management.
- Liaise with construction project leaders on site and provide support as required.
- Analyze labour burn rates, productivity and forecasting as per company best practice standards on an ongoing basis.
- Review outstanding PO commitments, tools and forecasted costs to come on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with established internal controls, including purchase approval requirements with a keen eye toward cost control and accuracy.
- Assist Project Manager to ensure monthly billings are completed accurately and on time in order to maximize project cash flow.