People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Project Manager for the TransCanada Energy Ltd. Napanee Generating Station (NGS) Project located in Napanee, Ontario. The successful candidate will plan and execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy, and will be responsible for the conduct and results of the associated projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate electrical utility projects from start to finish
- plan and prepare schedules, milestones, and monitor progress.
- Direct the purchase of materials
- Hire and supervise the activities of the trades persons and subcontractors
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Other activities in assisting the division to meet its goals, including the preparation of estimates and prequalification documents, and business development.
- Key results areas include
- Execution of work, on time, and on budget
- Project overheads
- Safety lost-time ratio
- Organization/tracking of work
- WIP's and labour productivity
- Success in securing new projects