People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
The Western Canadian Industrial Region is a relatively new business line for Black & McDonald, with a mandate to aggressively grow our brand and market share over the next 5 years. The Western Canadian Industrial Region delivers solutions to a diverse customer base in Oil & Gas, Mining, Hydro, and Manufacturing across Canada's four Western Provinces. Our business line includes Construction, Turnarounds & Maintenance, Commissioning, Fabrication and Engineering Services.
Primary responsibility will be to actively promote health, safety & environmental culture to all levels of employees with the assistance of policies and procedures in accordance with company beliefs, policies, procedures, and objectives. The Health Safety & Environment Advisor reports directly to the Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager and is responsible for the project and people on site to be in safety compliance, and the overall conduct of Black & McDonald Limited's performance as it relates to the designated project. This position is project based and does not include travel or accommodations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all company policies and procedures during their employment at Black & McDonald.
- Only perform tasks and or use equipment for which they have received training.
- Refuse to perform unsafe work and agree to intervene if they see acts of imminent danger.
- Assist with the Health Safety & Environment (HSE) activities as it relates in planning, procurement, construction and commissioning of the piping, mechanical, electrical and equipment installation on site.
- To ensure, on behalf of the Company, that all required site Health Safety & Environment (HSE) policies, procedure and personnel are in place and adhered to complete the Project. In addition, to take corrective action where required to ensure a safety for all and protection of the environment.
- Execute the Projects in accordance with Company Corporate Policy.
- To represent the Company and communicate with the Client on a daily basis and to representative the Company in a professional manner.
- To lead with development and implementation of the Health Safety & Environment (HSE) programs.
- This position will be 80% field and 20% office.
- Assist, advise and work with manager(s) and supervisors with;
- Hazard identification and control
- Training requirements
- Maintain various safety databases as required
- Other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor.