People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Summary of Position:
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Senior Building Operator to supervise a client facility located in the downtown Toronto area. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Senior Building Operator will be responsible for overseeing and delivering full facility management solutions including oversight of vendors and sub-contractors, safety compliance, project work, client relationships and various building activities as required. In addition you will ensure effective planning, management and development of effective controls and procedures. The position also requires compliance with Black and McDonald codes of conduct, health and safety policies and safe work practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work shall include but not necessarily be bound by the following:
- Supervision and coordination of on-site maintenance team
- Schedule, supervise, and monitor subcontracted personnel as needed to accomplish tasks
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and repairs to HVAC systems and related equipment. i.e. air handling units, filters, cooling towers, exhaust etc.
- Perform routine inspection and tests on building life support systems. i.e. Fire protection system, medical air/ gas and emergency generators etc.
- Configuration of systems to allow maintenance work to be completed as required.
- Perform minor repairs
- Relamping and resetting breakers
- Carryout water treatment duties on heating and cooling loops
- Minor plumbing and general building maintenance duties i.e. replace washers, faucets, sinks, clear toilets and drains, sumps pits, and replace burnt fluorescent tubes and incandescent lamps
- Startup/shut down major building equipment. i.e. chillers, pumps, cooling towers
- Ensure SOPs, PMs of existing and new building equipment are accurate and updated as required
- Respond to environment/comfort complaints through the computerized building automation system or manual systems
- Perform shift tours, record and log equipment status, temperatures and pressures, utilities
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe working condition.
- Ensure regular inspections are completed in a timely manner and necessary corrective actions are implemented.
- Regularly communicate health, safety and environmental issues or concerns with B&M staff, sub-contractors and client
- Respond to demand/emergency calls
- Perform light duties such as cleaning drywall repairs, painting, etc.