**Please note that this is a pro-active posting for future opportunities.
People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Summary of Position:
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Casual/Relief 2nd Class Stationary Engineer for a steam plant located in the Toronto area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate steam boilers, air compressors, chillers, water towers, water softeners, air dryers, pumps, and fans
- Chiller maintenance, including cooling towers and associated equipment
- HVAC systems
- Responsible for the safe operation of the steam plant
- Perform all tasks related to the safe and efficient operation of the steam boiler plant including repairs and maintenance
- Perform routine inspection and testing of equipment and building infrastructure to ensure proper operation
- Perform minor repair and general maintenance duties associated with building systems
- Document air compressor readings, all plant steam produced and consumption, gas consumption
- Supply gas forecasts to gas supplier
- Track and log all gas, water, and hydro readings
- Performs water analysis on boilers
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly log report
- Monitor and maintain water treatment; boiler systems, chillers, cooling towers
- Familiar with CMM and preventative maintenance programs
- Test run the safety and standby equipment weekly, UPS, generator testing
- Provide access and assistance to sub-trades as required