People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
This position reports to the Division Manager and is responsible to provide overall administrative direction for several projects. Emphasis is placed on estimating, costs, scheduling, quality and overall project status. It is essential the project manager establish and maintain excellent relationships with trade contractors, consultants, and our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and provide leadership for all projects under their responsibility in areas including but not limited to to safety, environment, quality, and weekly inspections.
- Monitor and manage construction schedule to ensure that manpower requirements are known in advance of work activity.
- Ensure that the correct material and equipment is available to the tradesmen to avoid on site inefficiencies.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensure monthly cost forecasting is completed accurately, complete with the PM checklist.
- Ensure accurate productivity reports are completed weekly.
- Complete accurate and timely billings to ensure positive cash flow.
- Price and negotiate all changes in scope.
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Ensure the accounting system is updated.